Thursday, January 12

Day 7

Day 7: Relax! Do you relax to create or create to relax?

I enjoy watching my favorite shows, listening to music, and especially CRAFTING! Today I found myself most at ease while I was inking a very special project for one of yesterdays winners. I don't think it matters which way it works, create to relax or relax to create, as long as you enjoy the process. I find that when I want to make something beautiful but I'm not sure how or where to start is when I have problems. When I don't think to hard about it or don't try to impress others I find my end work is natural, appealing and beautiful. I love looking at other peoples work, but I need to remember not to compare my work to theirs. My work is no less beautiful or impressive because someone else has a better or different technique. This made me think about the post of inspirational quotes, "A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle" by James Heller. I hope that somewhere there is someone who allows themselves to be inspired by what is being shared here.