Thursday, January 5

No Sew Blanket (old project new post)

As crafty as I am (or can be) sewing is not an area where I excell. I can't even thread a bobbin without instructions and a few curse words before giving up completely! In short I don't sew!
No- sew blanket concept wasn't exactly new to me. My mother-in-law made some for christmas presents, a sorority sister made one, and I have seen the kids craft kit for sale in craft stores. I decided to finally make one of my own!
as you can see this blanket is folded into 4ths

Wanna make one of your own?!? Here's what you need!

SUPPLIES:
- a trust worthy pair of fabric
- 2 pieces of fleece material (pattern/colors of your choice!)
- time to complete the project
Thats all!! I picked 2 fabrics that would be to my husbands liking... NBA Warriors pattern for the "front" and a solid navy for the "back". I picked up 3 yards of each fabric! This blanket is extremely large... my husband and I can both lay out on the couch and be completely covered.
However, the reccomended sizes are as follows:
adults- 2 to 2 1/2 yards
kids- 1 1/2 yards
INSTRUCTIONS:
-Lay the pieces of fleece on top of each other lining them up as perfectly as possible with the wrong sides facing each other. (with 1 pattern and 1 plain color I just had to make sure the Warriors pattern was visible).
-Then cut strips of about 3 inches all the way around the blanket about 1 to 2 inches apart (going all the way around made corners easy).
-Next, just tie the top and bottom pieces of the cut fleece strips together in double knots (I alternated between tying and tucking in knots- to lessen the fringe effect).

or
 follow this easy PDF to make perfectly square corners (I chose not to cut out the corner pieces but to use them). http://www.kwiksew.com/projects/no-sewBlanket.pdf

or
watch this handy video on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59h8wgDgTRg


THATS IT!
My monster blanket took about 45 minutes to complete and we love it! The best part about this super cozy blanket is that there is no special care required... just throw it in the wash when it gets dirty!
Comments, Questions, Suggestions or Share a picture of one you have already completed!!