Monday, February 14

if you love it... why not frame a picture of it!

I will admit it... I LOVE LOVE! What better time to see that in another couple than on their wedding day! A day in which they pledge their devotion to one another.
In planning my own wedding I began to seek out ways to bring that feeling of love and devotion in the details of the decor. I absolutely LOVE  the idea of incorporating wedding pictures our parents, siblings, and grandparents in our ceremony decor but how?
I began by looking for ceremony and reception decor images on theknot.com. There were some very eclectic and beautiful display but they just didn't translate to what we already had going on.
In the end it was my brother's wedding that had the most influence. I really liked how he incorporated family, heritage, and love in his wedding reception decor. Their cake table displayed more than just cup cakes! A table cloth with the iron on transfers of their families wedding photos for the cake table. It turned out really beautiful, and it was definitely something very unique to their wedding.
This was just the inspiration I needed! I knew exactly what needed to be done. It was pretty simple too! I bought some inexpensive wooden frames from Michael's and began to deocrate them to match my theme. 
I used extra supplies from the wedding; silk flowers & leaves (from bouquets & centerpieces), scrapbooking paper (from the invitations),ribbons, etc. I think they turned out pretty cute. I couldn't have done it without the support of my fiance and help of my bridesmaid Helena... THANK-YOU!!!
Here are a few of my favorite frames (so far). Now to collect all the photos!!