Monday, January 9

Day 4

Day 4: Do some doodling... share it and write about it!

So... over a year ago I bought an old china hutch. I wanted to restore it or recycle it, I couldn't decide. I decided that having to restore the top half of the hutch with glass and broken pieces was too much. When the local curb your junk day came around the top half was graciously donated but the bottom I kept with hopes and dreams of someday doing something special with it. The bottom was weak, old wood remember,  and it needed some extra support. I added wheels because who doesn't want a piece of furniture that is EASY to move!?! It was originally a old brown stain which proved hard to remove. So it had to be painted over which was no easy task either. By the time this "simple" project is done I probably could have built something on my own and had it been easier! I really would like to say that I enjoyed this project but the truth is it took a long time, was frustrating and at times I felt like throwing in the towel. I am hoping that in the future I will be able to fully enjoy this craft desk and will post pictures (real ones unlike the sketches above) as soon as I can!